Junior High and High School
students with Chromebooks - below you will find a few tips for keeping your CB running smoothly:
✔️Restart at least once a week. Don't just put your CB to sleep by shutting the cover - make it a habit to periodically restart it.
✔️Remove Accounts periodically (yours and any others that are hanging around). From the sign-in screen you will click on the Down arrow for the profile you want to remove and in the box that appears click Remove This User. Every user account takes up valuable space on the device, so removing them will speed things up.
✔️Update Chrome to the latest version.
- At the bottom right, select the time.
- Select Settings .
- At the bottom of the left panel, select About Chrome OS.
- Under "Google Chrome OS," you'll find which version of the Chrome operating system your Chromebook uses.
- Select Check for updates.
- If your Chromebook finds a software update, it will start to download automatically.
If you are having hardware issues with your CB, first try shutting it down and restarting. If issues persist you can try a Hard Reset.
Hard reset your Chromebook
For most Chromebooks, follow the steps below: