Applications are being accepted for participation in the Frontiers Program for the 2012-2013 school year. Submit applications in a timely manner as space may be limited. Click Application Info for an application form and further instructions. It is important that all information is filled out completely and instructions are followed carefully as well. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
1. Application Form – Submit your completed form after you have completed filling in all of the information.
2. Application Essay – Each applicant is required to complete an essay. This essay should contain no less than 500 words. Please include the following details:
• Describe your educational background. (Have you attended different districts? Have you attended different programs? Have you ever moved between districts? Have you ever been home schooled?)
• How do you learn best? Describe your ideal learning environment and what elements are necessary for you to best learn? (Hands–on materials? Peer collaboration? Visual aids? Etc.)
• Why do you want to be enrolled in the Frontiers Program?
• Why do you think this program will be a good “fit” for you as opposed to the traditional high school setting?
• Are there extenuating circumstances that make this program a better option for you? If so, please explain.
Your essay should be a well-written, double spaced document containing proper grammar. It should also contain your contact information including your name, address and phone number.
3. Transcript – Acquire a copy of your current transcript. (You can get this from the guidance or counseling office of your most recently attended school.)
4. Submit – Electronic submissions are preferred, but only if you are able to send all required documents electronically in MS Word, Google Doc, or PDF format. Attach your application essay and your transcript (individual files) to a single email addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Frontiers Application” in the subject field.