Schools of Choice Program 2017 -2018 school year
Open Enrollment Period: April 10 through May 12, 2017 4:00 pm
Wyoming Public Schools participates in both the Kent ISD Schools of Choice Plan 2017 for those students who live in Kent County but outside the Wyoming resident district boundaries, the district also participates in the State 105c plan, which allows students from neighboring counties to attend our district.
The Board of Education has once again limited the acceptance of new Kent County out of district resident students to 150 students, Kindergarten through going into 5th grade based on space available at the desired building. The window to apply for acceptance is April 10 through May 12, 2017 at 4:00pm. Applications are available at the Administration building at 3575 Gladiola Ave SW, Wyoming, MI 49519 or on our district website, www.wyomingps.org
- One application form per child must be submitted to the district Central Office for your first district of choice only by 4:00 pm on May 12, 2017.
- Acceptance of new Schools of Choice applicants will be limited to Kindergarten through going into 5th grade. 150 slots are available.
- Acceptance of new Schools of Choice applicants under 105c (out of county residents) will be accepted beginning April 10 through May 12, 2017. Applications are available at the Administration office or online (note: we will be accepting 10 out of county applicants Kindergarten through going into 5th grade).
- Application should be made to ONLY one district, with your second choice being noted on the application.
- Applicants will be informed by May 19 if they have been accepted
- Please call the administration office if you have questions.
Schools of Choice Rules and regulations
Annual reapplication is not required
- Signature from releasing home district Superintendent is not required
- Transportation is not provided
- A student who has been suspended, expelled or convicted of a felony may be excluded from Schools of Choice
- The Michigan High School Athletic Association requires a student to wait one semester after enrolling in a new district (under Schools of Choice) before participating in athletics
For more information contact
Data/Tech Support Specialist